Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Two Billion Photos on Flickr

Now, that's a number for you. Flickr has hit the 2,000,000,000 photos mark.

The uploader of the historical picture is a user named yukesmooks, and this is the picture (click on it to see the original):

It would have been nice if this picture had a more symbolic meaning, but you really can't control this kind of thing. That's user generated content for you.

I use Flickr, but not as much as I used to. I have a pro account and I am very happy with it. For me, Flickr isn't really a community or a social site - just a cool place to store my pictures. I used Flickr once to make very cool business cards (via MOO), and I might use other features - but the entire groups-contacts-comments thing never really caught on with me. I use the site mainly for storage, and to send links of my photo sets to my friends.

I know there are other great picture storage sites (like PhotoBucket), but since I'm cool with Flickr for the moment, I don't plan on switching.

So, congratulations to Flickr. See ya in the 3,000,000,000 photo!



0 comments: